Aiming for a smaller waist? While exercising and eating the right diet can help in keeping a smaller waist and toned figure, the waist area is often the hardest to maintain. Now if you are looking for a good way to keep your waist small then you need the help of the best waist cincher!
What is a Waist Cincher?
A waist cincher is defined as a belt that is worn around the waist so one’s physical appearance appears to be smaller. It is also worn to create an illusion that the waist is small. Back in the 18th century, waist cinchers are made from hard materials like leather and wood fashioned to be wearable. Today, these waist cinchers are made from laced belts, latex, elastic fabrics and cotton.
How Does a Waist Cincher Work?
Waist cinchers are also known as short corsets. They have been used as light corsets when sleeping or simply over clothing. These elastic girdle belts are used to emphasize the figure of the woman using it.
Modern waist cinchers are patterned from the old styles when it was first introduced. However they are more elastic and fashionable. The closure of these modern waist cinchers is often found in front of the garment which is meant to define the waist even better.
Traditionally, waist cinchers are designed to be bones which resembles the classic waist cinchers called Spanish belts. Modern ones are now lighter but are made with elastic materials designed to accent an outfit or define the waist. They also offer support for the back and is an alternative option for those who are using medical back braces.
Waist Cinchers Vs. Waist Trainers: Is there a difference?
Perhaps you have encountered a waist trainer and waist cincher before but don’t mix the two as they function a bit different from one another. So what’s the difference? They look the same so they should work the same, right? While that may be the idea behind, there is a slight difference between the two and so it is best that you know what makes them different from each other.
What is a waist cincher? A waist cincher is a type of corset used under lingerie that keeps your waist compressed thus making your stomach flat. It focuses on supporting the waist alone so you look better when you are wearing dresses.
Modern designs come with a zipper at the back and are helpful in compressing underwear as well. The best thing about this is that you can achieve a smaller waist without undergoing exercise or diet much. They are also designed to be lightweight while others have extra firm control.
Waist trainers or corsets on the other hand are also designed so you can achieve a slimmer waist after wearing it for a period of time. Their main purpose is for slimming down the waist as they are designed to concentrate more on the middle part of the torso.
There is no pressure in the hips or breast area so the user can move freely. Waist trainers are wonderful if you are aiming to have excellent curves as they can reduce up to seven inches on your waist.
However it is important to find a waist trainer that is made according to your size so you can get the exact results that you are looking for.
The 5 Best Waist Cincher to Purchase With Their Reviews
Now that you know what waist cinchers are, here are the top five waist cincher reviews to check out and get that small waist you’ve always dreamed of!
1. HrGlass Training Mesh Waist Trainer Corset Slimming Cincher Girdle For Women
Now if you are on a tight budget but in need of a reliable waist cincher then this is the one you should check out. This product is made to enhance your natural curves and is known for producing the best waist cinchers in the market today. It is made with comfortable materials and naturally follows the shape of your body as it helps slim down your waist.
- It can help reduce up to 2 inches of your waist upon wearing.
- It can be adjusted according to your comfort thanks to its hook and eye closure.
- It is designed with steel bone that provides you the maximum bust support and tummy control.
- It comes with mesh corset that is also flexible but able to support your lumbar area without feeling uncomfortable.
- It helps improve your posture.
- It helps burn belly fat.
- It’s breathable.
- It’s made with 100% pure cotton.
- It does not come in larger sizes (if you are bigger than XL).
- Customer complained that the sizes they have ordered according to their measurement is still too small to wear.
- It takes time to be worn.
2. YIANNA Women’s Latex Sport Girdle Waist Training Corset Waist Shaper
Are you looking for a waist cincher that is unlike any other? If you are then YIANNA is the product you need. This wonderful waist cincher is designed mainly to enhance your curves without complicating how things work.
It is designed with nine spiral steel bone that works best as your waist support. It also helps in supporting your posture but flexible enough for you to move. It can bend easily but can go back to its original form after use. It’s ideal to use during yoga sessions and for women who had just given birth.
- It is flexible and durable.
- It’s made with high quality materials.
- It’s easy to use and maintain.
- It works for those women with long torso.
- Its closure is made of hook and eye which allows you to adjust according to your comfort.
- It helps reduce 3-5 inches off your waist.
- It comes with different designs to choose from.
- It may not fit women who are larger than the given sizes.
3. Lover-Beauty Women’s Latex Underbust Corset Waist Training Cincher 9 Steel Boned
Finding the right kind of waist cincher is sometimes impossible especially if this is your first time to do so. However with Lover-Beauty, you could never go wrong with the cincher you choose. Their products are made with comfortable materials so you don’t have to worry about using it. It is made with latex so you can easily slip it on. The nine spiral steel bones are then added so you can adjust the fit according to the pressure you want. It also bends and quickly returns to its original form so you know that it’s going to fit snugly on you.
- It’s made with durable and flexible materials.
- It returns easily to its original form even after a few uses.
- It supports the back and waist.
- It is designed with high compression so you know it can fit you well.
- It supports women with long torso.
- It can help reduce 4-5 inches off your waist.
- It’s also affordable so you can buy one even if you are under budget.
- The only con that this waist cincher received is that they chose the wrong size. So make sure that you choose the right size so you don’t have to deal with the wrong one.
4. SHAPERQUEEN 1010 Women Best Waist Cincher Girdle Belly Trainer Corset Body Shapewear
If you are looking for something sexy to wear while trying to trim down inches off your waist then this is the product for you. SHAPERQUEEN has all the designs you need for that sexy waist with their wide variety of designs, colors and shapes.
- It is designed with three columns of hook and eye for easy adjustment.
- It works firmly so it can help reduce the waist into a slimmer figure.
- It works best with dresses.
- It is also recommended for postpartum and post pregnancy women.
- It helps support the midsection of your spine and back.
- It helps relieve back pain and improves posture.
- It can be worn all day without feeling uncomfortable.
- It has a bottom opening that is designed with three hooks so you can unhook it easily when you are in a rest room.
- It’s very affordable.
It’s also designed to be sweat-free and has moisture wicking so you don’t feel hot while wearing it. It is made with polyester and spandex so you know that it’s very durable.
- Customers complained about not enough stomach support especially for those who just gave birth.
- They also complained that the cinchers don’t look like the product in the picture the company has posted and that it’s cheaply made.
5. Fajastec Women’s Beauty Classic Latex Waist Cincher 3 Hook
The last but certainly not the least on our least belongs to Fajestic Women’s Beauty Classic. If you love the feel of something close to your natural curves then this is the waist cincher that you should get.
It’s made with high quality latex that is great for compression. It’s also within your budget range so you can afford to avail of this wonderful cincher if you wish to achieve a smaller waist.
- It’s specifically designed to be wider for extra control.
- It comes with thermal action in the abdomen area to help mold and control the waist area.
- It helps correct your posture.
- It helps you lose weight and reduce a few inches off your waist.
- It is made with 100% cotton so you know it’s comfortable.
- Customers complained that the product they have ordered fell apart after a few days of use. Make sure to order the product made in Columbia as there are plenty of fake replicas that could pass on as the original one.
- The wrong size could be uncomfortable to wear. Make sure to order the right size for you.
The Great Benefits of Wearing Waist Cinchers
So what’s all the fuzz about using waist cinchers? Can it really help you out? To answer that question, we have compiled the best benefits that you can get from wearing this product. Here are a few:
- You can achieve a smaller waist – since these are made with metal or plastic strips called bones (or boning), your waist is supported very well. It compressed the body into the shape that you want specifically in the waist area. The skin, fluids and fat of the user is compressed and are arranged in a way that your midsection appears smaller.
- It corrects your posture – when you are wearing a waist cincher, your movements are often limited. Since it is designed to be rigid, you need to move in a certain way according to its rigidity. If you slouch a lot then it would be a lot difficult to do as it is designed with metal boning that properly fits the product so basically, your posture is corrected in many ways.
- It relieves back problems – if you have been suffering from back pain, this could be a big help. Waist cinchers are good alternatives if you are using back braces. The extra support it provides can definitely relieves your aching back.
While these are all important benefits to have when wearing a waist cincher, there are also downsides to it. For one, it could result to chafing as it comes in direct contact with the skin. As the waist cincher rubs against it, it could result to irritation and itchiness that could lead to open wounds. Wearing waist cincher far too long can also lead to aches and pains. If you are using your waist cincher non-stop then it could definitely hurt your body. It’s uncomfortable too so make sure to wear this product for only a certain period of time.
Waist cinchers are indeed helpful but if you don’t find the right size for you to use then it could also be a bad experience. You may end up returning the product or worse, buy another one which could be a waste of money. So in order to avoid getting the wrong one, you need to take the right measurement and order the right size. You must also avoid using this product for a long time. If you can, make a schedule and only wear it for a couple of hours every day. This way it is not uncomfortable and you can avoid getting aches and pains.
Waist cinchers can only support your waist for a certain period but if you lack exercise and eating the right diet then you might not achieve the results that you are aiming for. Don’t just rely everything to your waist cincher and don’t think that you can achieve a smaller waist without exercising or dieting; it will only work if you also do your part. So before getting this product, it is important that you are ready for the changes you must do. Only then can you achieve the smaller waist that you dreaming of.