Best waist trainer: Buying Guide
The world of fitness is an ever changing field and with the growing number of fitness products, one can be overwhelmed at times. However if you are looking for a good product to help trim down your waist then all you need is a waist trainer.
What is a waist trainer (cincher)?
A waist trainer is usually known as a corset that is used in cinching or tight-lacing on the waist. The process is called waist training and is known to have been practiced since the Victorian times. They became popular during the 1900s where it was first introduced in Europe then the America.
During the earlier years, the corset was worn outside the clothing and was considered to be a fashion statement. As waist cinching became popular, women began wearing them as part of their undergarments especially for those women who desired to have younger figures.
Waist training made a comeback the past few years and with proper diet and exercise, it can really help radically in reducing the waist size of a woman. This is also the reason why it has now became a popular trend.
Corsets vs. Waist Cinchers
There are two types of waist trainers that you can use however don’t confuse the two to be the same. In order to avoid confusion, here’s what we have learned:
Corset – this is usually tight-laced and is typically worn as part of your wardrobe. It can also be a part of a medical practice or correction of the spine or back and sometimes as part of an erotic role play. A corset provides you with immediate yet temporary smaller waist if you wish to want one.
Waist cincher – this is a type of corset that is basically designed to compress the waist thus creating a flat abdominal region. They are also designed to focus on the waist alone and as a support. It can also be called as shapewear or compression underwear to some. Users can choose the waist cincher of their choice depending on how each works. It can range from very light to extra firm control while newer designs come with zippers in the back.
The 5 Best Waist Trainers That has proven to be Effective
Now if you are aiming for that small waist but in need of a good waist trainer then look no further. Here are five of the best waist trainers that you should check out!
1. Ann Chery Women’s Faja Clasica Waist Cincher
If you are someone who is looking for a comfortable waist trainer to use then you can never go wrong with Ann Chery Women’s Faja Clasica Waist Cincher. This product has been hailed by many satisfied users. It’s made with cotton so you know that it’s pretty comfy to use.
If you are someone who is particular with washing garments then you will be happy to know that this waist cincher can be tossed in the washer. It also features hook-and-eye as closure and is covered with boning in the front as well as the back for full support.
It comes with smooth lines and fits snuggly when in use. The inner layer of this cincher is made with soft cotton while the outer layer is covered with high-resistance and durable latex material.
- It can snuggly hug your midsection thus creating the perfect hourglass shape that you like.
- It is comfortable to use even when you are working out.
- It helps in compressing your core during workouts.
- It enhances perspiration but allows the impurities as well as toxins out of your body.
- It is made with quality and durable materials that are lightweight and comfortable to wear.
- It provides full coverage of your waist.
- It helps support your posture as it help shape your waist and stomach structure.
- It is a durable combination of cotton and latex which can help in reducing about 3-4 inches of your waist.
- You must purchase according to the body measurement that you have otherwise this product may not work out for you. The cincher is designed to fit tightly so wearing the right measurement is a must.
- New users may have a difficult time adjusting to this product once worn during workout as it does not allow your lungs to fully expand.
- Since it is made of latex, it could leave odor if not washed properly.
- This is not the ideal product for those with latex allergy.
All in all this is an ideal waist trainer to use if you want to have smaller waist underneath your clothes. However this may not be too comfortable to use when working out so it’s best that you find one that could work both ways for you.
2. Squeem Perfect Waist
Women these days are more aware of their bodies and if you are one of those who are looking for a special garment that can help you trim down your waist, the Squeem Perfect Waist is the one you should be looking for.
Having a well-toned figure is now a lifestyle and so Squeem should be a part of your daily routine in order to achieve that hour glass figure.
- It fits perfectly on the waist and midsection of your body.
- It can be used under a dress or any type of clothing without worrying that it will be seen by others.
- It helps smoothens the abdomen once used.
- It is designed to highlight the curves of your body and creates an elongated figure on your body’s mid portion making you look slimmer.
- It is made with cotton lining that is comfortable to wear.
- The internal boning of the cincher is flexible so it prevents clothing from slipping off.
- Great for back support and helps in straightening back muscles.
- Corrects posture and reduces back pain.
- Using the wrong size can be uncomfortable to wear. So always choose the right size.
- Feels a bit tight to wear at first.
Squeem is a good value for your money and if you are looking for the right kind of waist trainer then this is the one you should check out.
If you want something that helps in your posture but giving you flat stomach as well then this is the one for you. It’s made with the best materials and you are certain that it works.
3. Fajastec Women’s Beauty Classic
Another awesome waist trainer in our list belongs to Fajestic. This waist trainer is made in Colombia which makes it an excellent product to wear.
If you are looking for something that is breathable to wear and delivers superior comfort then this is the waist trainer for you.
- It is made with 100% cotton Lycra so it’s comfortable to use.
- It has three hooks so you can adjust it well.
- It is recommended to use when working out as it is designed to help you trim down waist during exercise.
- It helps conceal your potbelly.
- It helps accelerate metabolism thanks to its high compression.
- It’s a helpful aid in removing toxins and impurities in the body.
- It can get itchy in the long run.
- Using the wrong size can be uncomfortable to use.
When it comes to waist trainers, this is a wonderful product to use. Is it worth your money? Of course, for one, it is made with high grade cotton materials and it helps in boosting your metabolism. It is also helpful in correcting your posture so if you want a good waist trainer to help you with, I say this is the one you must have on your list.
4. Charmian Women’s Latex Waist Cincher
Looking for the right waist trainer is hard especially if you have preferences. However if you are looking for something that is made of Spandex then this is the product you must try.
- It’s core is made with 100% Spandex for easy use.
- It is designed with spiral steel bone that is perfect for supporting your posture.
- It is flexible and durable.
- It can bend easily and follow your movement while keeping the original shape.
- It helps in controlling the abdomen and allows you to achieve that hourglass figure you are looking for.
- It’s tightly fitting and effective in losing weight around the waist.
- It helps postpartum women to control their tummy.
- It’s great for sports activity like running or working out at the gym.
- It can help reduce about 2 inches on your waist.
- It can be washed.
- It may produce a bad smell if not washed regularly.
The Charmian Women’s Latex Waist Cincher is hailed by many satisfied customers and if you want to use something new and trim down that waist then this is a good option to take.
It’s sold at a reasonable price, it can help with your posture and helps in shaping your figure. This may be just the best worth for your money!
5. Burvogue Women’s Latex Waist Trainer Corset Body Shapewear
If you love stylish features for your waist trainer then this is the product you need. It’s designed to fit any size and since it comes with a zipper, you can rest assure that it will fit your waist snuggly.
- It is made with 96% cotton and 4% spandex. It is made with 100% latex so you know that it’s flexible to wear.
- It comes with hook and eye closure so you know that it’s secured.
- Its inner part is made with soft cotton fabric allowing it to be breathable.
- The latex material provides the best resistance to help you achieve the slim figure you are looking for.
- It comes with cotton lining that protects the skin from the latex in case you are allergic to it.
- Very comfortable to use.
- Can be used daily.
- It has latex so if you are allergic to it then you must use this one with caution.
- The latex often produces odor if not washed properly.
- It can only be dry cleaned.
Customers are enjoying this product and you can too. Just be sure to order the right size and use it on a daily basis and don’t forget to add exercise and diet to your waist trainer. This will definitely help you achieve that smaller waist you have been aiming for.
Types of Waist Trainers
For those of you, who are new to waist training, understand that there are different types to use. They also come in different construction, styles as well as materials used. So what type of waist trainer should you go for? To understand even better here are the types of waist trainers that you should know of:
- Latex waist trainer cinchers – latex is probably the most popular type of material used in making waist trainers. For those who are just starting out in waist training, getting latex made is a good beginner corset to use. It can be used when working out and is comfy enough to wear even while training in the gym. However this type of waist trainer is less sturdy especially since they don’t have boning in the structure. They tend to wrinkle easy and make you sweat a lot which you may find uncomfortable later on.
- Laced corset waist trainers – these are usually seen with laces or ribbons at the back which is designed to help tighten the corset. It also resembles the corsets used during Victorian era and using this type of waist trainer can also help you achieve the results you are looking for.
- Fabric-made waist trainer cinchers – compared to waist trainers that are made of latex, this type are usually less flexible. This means that they are designed to have fixed structure that makes them rigid. The only advantage this type of waist trainer has is that it is breathable yet able to maintain the posture of your back while keeping your waist tight. It is a good product to use if you want to define your curves.
- Custom-made corsets or waist trainers – if you want something that is tailored according to the shape of your body and size then get one that is custom-made. This is usually more expensive than ones that are readily available and since they are custom-made, they are more comfortable to use and you can control your training since this waist trainer is specifically made for you.
Whatever type of waist trainer you choose, just make sure that it is something you are comfortable wearing. If you have the money to splurge on the best ones then go ahead, do find the ones that fits you well, after all, it’s all about staying comfy as you are achieving that slimmer figure, right?
The Advantages and Disadvantages of Waist Trainers
Let’s admit it, we all want to look good and women these days are more aware of how they want their bodies to look like. Waist trainers made their comeback a few years ago and with the number of companies making them, it’s not surprising to see all types and designs of waist trainers being sold online. However, is there really a benefit if you use one? Can you really achieve a smaller waist?
Wearing waist trainers may give you temporary results like having smaller waistline and thinner appearance. They are designed to help you with your posture and support your back.
The materials used are designed in a way that they help in supporting the abdomen reminding you to sit properly and the structure of the product also helps minimize your food intake. According to doctors, constant wearing of waist trainers can have lasting effect given of course that you pair it with proper diet and exercise.
While there are helpful benefits in wearing waist trainers, it can also have bad side effects. The most common problems encountered when wearing this product is due to the fact that it decreases abdominal muscle tone.
It can also lead to abdominal atrophy and visceral displacement if you are not careful. Deformation of the liver, lungs and stomach is also possible plus decreased breathing capacity can also be a problem to the user.
And because of these risk factors, prolonged use of waist trainers is not recommended. Compression of the organs can lead to further complications if trainers are not used properly. In case this happens, seek medical attention immediately.
The Best Waist Trainer to Get
Before getting the waist trainer that you want, remember a few things first. Take note of the size and materials used in the waist trainer. If you have latex allergies, best to avoid those that are made of latex. Keep in mind also that not all waist trainers are designed to work with the same results.
So it is important that you find the right size and make. Caring for your waist trainers properly can prolong it’s lifespan. Take note of the washing directions so you don’t end up ruining your waist trainers. Follow also the drying instructions, this way odor formation is avoided.
What’s the best trainer to get? That depends on what you want. Do you have the money? If yes then get something expensive yet comfortable to wear.
As long as you know how to use it, eat a well-balanced diet and exercise on a regular basis, you will achieve a smaller waist. It doesn’t matter what kind of waist trainer you get, just make sure that you know what to do and the rest will follow.